Belkin International is another American manufacturer of several types of consumer electronics, specially devices for connectivity and networking. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California. The N600 DB and N300 are the most common wifi routers by Belkin. The default data for accessing the configuration page is the same for both of them and also them belkin routers.
If you have a Belkin router and want to know how to login on it to set up your own networking preferences, keep reading this text that you will learn exactly how to do that. It will take something around 5 minutes to learn. Fast, isn’t ?
Need to login in a Belkin router ?
Belkin routers can be installed and setted up manually through the web-based configuration panel page of the router. The steps are very simple:
- First thing is to power cycle your router and modem devices. (this step is not mandatory, but it is recommended by the manufacturer)
- Unplug both devices from the energy source.
- Connect the WAN port of the router to the ethernet cable from the modem.
- Energize the modem first, and then power on the router.
- The procedure for logging in can be done be means of wifi connection also. But using the ethernet cable is safer and is the recommendation of routers manufacturers.
- Second thing is to access the setup page of the belkin router
- Connect your PC to the router.
- Open up a internet browser and type the default IP address of the Belkin routers. The default IP Address of any Belkin router is 192.168.2.1.
- Login on the web configuration page of the router. You can leave the password field blank.
- That’s it. You’re in the configuration panel of your router.
The steps above require that your router is on original factory state. If this is not the case, check out the next session.
Common issues related to Belkin router login
Difficulties with the IP address of the router
Any problems to using the IP address of Belkin routers, check out this page. This support article offers a full troubleshoot made by Belkin international. Usually the problem is related to a bad connection (if you used the wifi network instead of the cable connection as illustrated in out steps, you can try the wired connection as first troubleshoot action), IP address conflicts and internet browser issues.
Difficulties with Belkin password
The default password of Belkin routers is “nothing”, that is, you can just leave the password field blank. A very good troubleshoot article addressing this can be encountered here. But this a common problem and the solution is to reset the router to its original factory state. Probably the password did not work because someone has changed it before.
If you do not know the current password, hold on the reset button for a time no shorter than ten seconds. This will reset the router to the factory settings and you will be able to use the default password.