Comcast provides telecommunication services and devices for a large number of consumers. It will be no surprise if you are using a router by Comcast.
Do you want to know how to login on your Comcast router? Wondering what is the default IP address and password of Comcast device? Let’s read this article together and at the end you will have all this info memorized and probably the configuration screen of your Comcast router opened in front of you.
Need to login on Comcast router. But how ?
To login to the router the procedure is simple. Basically three steps will do the job. Just follow them:
- Connect your Ethernet cable from the Comcast router to your computer. (you can use the wireless network also, but it is recommended to use the hardwired ethernet connection).
- Launch your favorite browser and enter 192.168.100.1 into the address bar. This is Comcast most common default IP address. If this address fails, you should verify your Comcast manual. The right IP address is likely to be there. Another alternative is to perform the following procedure: (only for windows)
- Press Win-R and type cmd. Press the enter key to open the Command Prompt window.
- Type ipconfig and press the enter key.
- A list with information about your connection devices will be shown. Look for Default Gateway under the ethernet adapter.
- Enter the user ID and password in the login page. Unless you’ve changed the password or the user admin, you can enter the default values. Comcast default values for admin are:
Common default passwords are:
- After entering the login credentials you will be directed to the configuration page. Here you can manage your network and router settings and change it as you need. Remember to set up a new and strong password for your router.
If the default credentials did not work for you, that might be because you are using a specific or new router model. Check up the router manual or call comcast support for more info.
More common, you probably changed the password in the past but simple forgot it. In this case there is an easy way to solve the problem. Check it out on the next session.
What if my router is not on the original factory settings ?
To use the default login credentials it is mandatory that the router did not have the original password changed. If you setted up a new password before but do not remember it now, you should reset the router to its original factory settings.
This is a simple procedure. All you need to do is to press the reset button of your router device. It is necessary to hold the button pressed for ten seconds or more in order to ensure that the original settings were resetted.
After you did this, the login credentials will be the original default ones. Check out on the first session of this article how they look like. Now there’s nothing preventing from accessing your router’s settings.