Netgear is a well known american manufacturer of networking devices. Its routers in particular are worldwide commercialized and popular. If you are a client of Netgear and purchased a router of this brand, you will have to login to your Netgear router to manage your networking configurations. This is exactly what you will learn in this text.
Need to login on your Netgear router?
To login to a Netgear router, perform the actions described below:
- Be sure to be connected to the router’s wireless network or to be connected directly by a ethernet cable to one of the router’s ports (only the ones with the LAN inscription)
- Open a web browser on your PC and enter one of the addresses below (depending on the model, the address may be one of them):
- After you entered the correct router’s IP address, the standard login page will be shown. Fill in the username and password. If this is the first time you access this page, fill in the Netgear standard values for username (just type “admin”) and password (just type “password”). If the default values are not working fine, see the troubleshot session at the end of this text.
- After you entered the correct login names the configuration panel will be displayed and all the network settings will be there for you to manage and configure according to your needs.
It is very common that users change the router’s password and forget it. If this happened to you, read the next session.
Troubleshot – How to retrieve the Netgear router’s password?
To reset the router password is a similar procedure to all routers. In brief words, you will need to reset the router configuration settings to the original manufacturer default values. After that you will be able to login using the default username and password and change the password to a new one.
- If the standard router password for Netgear routers is not working for you and you no longer know what the password is, you should reset the router to the original settings. To do that, press the reset button for a time no shorter than 10 seconds.
- Now you can use the default values that Netgear provides:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- After you entered the management panel of the router with the default values, go to Advanced in the panel displayed.
- Choose Administration and then select set password
- Set a new password (be certified you choosed a safe one).
In case none of these options helped you to solve your issue, you should contact Netgear for support and help by accessing http://www.netgear.com/support/.