AT&T is another big router and networking equipment producer. If you have a router of this brand in your home, this article is for you. If you use another router’s brand, but wants to know some information on how to login to AT&T routers, here you will find good information also.
You may be wondering why would someone login to the local router and how should the person perform the task. This two questions are the ones we are answering now.
Why should I login to AT&T router?
When a user login to the router, it has access to all configuration settings of the router and network. You can perform since simple tasks like changing wifi password and name up to more advanced ones like changing the wifi channel used by your device (this can improve your wifi stability and speed by using a less crowded channel).
It is recommended that you change the router password on the first time it is installed. This is a security measure also performed by accessing the configuration page of the router. Well, let’s learn how to do this. Let’s login into your AT&T router.
How to login to AT&T router?
You should spend something around ten minutes to do the whole procedure. Just follow the steps:
- Connect to the network. This can be done both by wifi or using an ethernet cable connected directly from the PC to the router. The second option is the one recommended in case you want to change any wifi setting.
- Open a web browser.
- Type the default IP address of your AT&T router. Usually this address is: 192.168.0.254
- For most AT&T routers, you will be directed to the configuration page without being requested to enter password and username.If that’s the case of your router model, good! You just logged into the router. If a screen requiring a password and username showed up, you will need to fill in with the router’s password and username (these are not the wifi password and name!)
- Most models that request login credentials have the password and username sticked on the back part of the router. Check out your device for any stick that may contain login information.
- Common credentials are (username, password):
- admin, admin
- admin, password
- <blank>, <blank>
- If none of these alternatives worked for you, reset the router to its original settings (hold the reset button for 10 seconds) and try again. If you still have problems, check out your router’s manual and contact AT&T support.
- After entering the correct login info, the configuration page will be presented to you on the screen. Now you can perform any change you want.
These are basic steps for logging into your AT&T router. Remember to set up a new password (in case your router model requires it for the login procedure) and have your router’s manual by your side to verify any problem you have.