Accessing the router’s administrator page is a common necessity and the only way to change the default router’s password and username to a safer and more complex one. Router’s are produced by a large variety of companies and there are thousands of models available in the market, old and new ones.
In this text we show you how to navigate towards your router’s administrator page and also make same comments about the common problems you will very likely face.
What to do to login in your router?
The procedure to login to your router is the same for any model. The differences are the standard IP address used to access the administrator’s page and the passwords and usernames provided by the manufacturers as default values.
The most common standard IP address for routers is 192.168.1.1. There are other common ones like 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1. Also, there are some manufacturers that provide addresses names that you can type on the browser, like TP-Link usually uses “http://tplinklogin.net” as default for the administrator page of the router.
To login to your router’s configuration page, follow the instructions in the correct order:
- Connect to the wireless network or directly to the router by a ethernet cable connection.
- Now you need to find out which is the router’s address. Before consulting a list on the internet or contacting your router’s manufacturer, try the standard IP addresses:
If none of the IP addresses above work, check out this list of routers addresses and verify the IP address used by your model.
- Open the web browser of your preference and enter the IP address of your router.
- The administrator’s page will request you to enter username and password. Here, two situations may happen:
- If you never changed the username and password, the default values will be the ones you should know. Check out the list here to see the default password of your device.
- If you changed the password at least one time and now you do not remember it anymore, you will need to restore the original settings of your equipment in order to be able to enter the default values again. Resetting the router is easy, just find the reset button and use a needle to press it for a time around 15 seconds.
- After you found out the correct password and username, just type them on the login page and press The configurations page will be displayed to you. Here you can manage all your wireless networking settings and security information like wireless and router passwords.
Easy, isn’t it? Next time you need to login to the router’s admin page you will quickly perform the task.