TP-Link is one of the most common routers and modems manufacturers. Based in Shenzen, China, the company is a worldwide producer and designer of wireless networking devices. Many users have a router or modem made by this brand.
In this brief article we are going to teach you how to login to the administrator page of the TP-Link router and how to manage your passwords and usernames.
Need to login in TP-Link router? Learn here
There are some IP addresses that are commonly used as default address to the setup page by networking devices brands. TP-Link has a more specific address name. Here we show you the steps for accessing the management panel of your TP-Link router.
- Connect to your wireless network or directly to the router using an ethernet cable connection.
- Type “tplinklogin net admin” or “http://tplinklogin.net” on your web browser. These are the local addresses used by TP-Link routers as default gateway for the management panel. The exact address may be different depending on the router model. If the above addresses do not work, try the industry default ones: 192.168.1.1 and 10.0.0.1. If you still can’t access the admin page. Check out this page to find out the correct address of your router model.
- You will be requested to enter username and password. The standard username is admin,and the password is just the same as username. If you have any problem with this step, check out the next session of this article.
- With the correct login information, just fill in correctly the login page and you will be redirected to the administrator page. All the router settings will be displayed and you will be able to manage it according to your needs.
Setting and retrieving passwords for the TP-Link router
If you had any problem with login information or any other technical issue, be aware that TP-Link has a free-to-call phone number available that can be used to solve any technical issue. The number is: 1800-603-4024. According to the company, you will be assisted by a specialist and will solve the problem very quickly.
If your problem is about forgotten passwords and usernames, there a few simple actions you can take to overcome this so common issue.
- The default username and password is just “admin”. If your router is new or you never changed the password. “Admin” will work just fine. It is very advisable that you change the username and password right after you turn the router on for the first time
- If the default username and password are not working anymore, you need to restore the router original settings. You can do this by pressing the reset button for a long time, usually something between 10 and 20 seconds. After the default manufacturer data is restored, login using the default information (“admin” for both username and password)
- Changing the wireless network password
- Access the administrator page (see first session)
- Look for Network Settings and access it
- Select wireless settings
- Go to “Change password” and fill in a new password
- Select Reboot and choose ok
- Save the new settings and that’s done
These are all need to know to login and manage your TP-Link router. Be sure to always use a safe password and do not rely on the default values.